I decided my summer officially started in July because June sucked and didn't make the cut. Since then I have had an awesome time and I am feeling really happy.
I completed #3: my blood type is O negative (easy)
#38: I attended the International Congress for Conservation Biology. Well, I did to the best of my ability. Getting up at 6:30 four days in a row, going to the conference in the morning and then working for 8 hours was exhausting and not entirely worth it. I was staggeringly tired and missed all of the networking opportunities and keynote speakers, but it was better than nothing.
#49 and #50: My fiction book for the month was Yann Martel's Beatrice and Virgil and was also my book club selection and met to mixed reviews. I was one of the people who really liked it. My non-fiction book was coincidentally by the same author, What is Stephen Harper Reading?. It is a series of letter written to our Prime Minister by a Canadian writer and holds a wealth of suggestions for books of all genres, many of which I now have on hold at my local library.
#73: July isn't over yet and I have already been to the firsannual SOS fest (which was awesome and can only get better in the years to come), the Edmonton street performer's festival and Shakespeare in the park. I might have to up this goal to 8 festivals, four was just too easy :)
I hope everyone else is having a great summer as well, if not, come hang out with me. I'm a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment